What is a Google API?
Google API key is a personal code provided by Google to access Google services like Maps API, Places API and Youtube API on this site.
Google API is used in Premium Addons, in three widgets: Premium Maps widget to display Google Maps on your website and Premium Video Box widget to display YouTube playlist/channel videos on your website that two widgets are included in the free version of Elementor Premium Addons. Also, API is used in Premium Google Reviews widget which displays your customer reviews on your website. Check all the amazing features in Premium Addons PRO.
How to get Google API?
- On Google Developers page, click on “Go to Console“.
- Login with your Google Account.
- Now, click on “Create a new Project”
- Enter Project name and click on “Create” button.
- Then from side menu, navigate to APIs & Services > Library to check and enable the avaiable Google APIs.
- If you want to use Premium Google Reviews widget, you need to enable Places API.
- Everything should be ready to enable billing on your account. You will not be autocharged after free trial ends.
- Now, we need to create API key by navigating from left side menu APIs & Services > Credentials.
- Create API key after you’ve enabled APIs from Create Credenetials menu select API Key option.
- Now, we’re all set, just copy the API Key and insert it in Google Reviews widget API field and let the MAGIC happens!!
Elementor Google Reviews API key
- Paste your API key to API key field inside Google Reviews widget.
Elementor Google Maps API key
- Navigate to WP Dashboard > Premium Addons for Elementor > Integrations > insert your key in Google Maps API key.